We are currently looking for an amazing Engineering Manager. We have one open position. Please apply and we can discuss!
This is a Full Time/Direct Hire role for one of our amazing clients. You will be working with some of the brightest minds in industry.
- The ability to inspire other team members with their technical expertise, a relentless drive for getting things done, and a strong desire to foster knowledge sharing.
- Experience setting a strong vision and roadmap for the team and able to execute on it through leading by example.
- Ability to drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade-offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impacts to the product experience.
- Experience growing and mentoring engineers.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself.
- Communicates early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and teams across multiple offices and time zones.
- Be an aggressive source of engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates.
- Can clearly articulate desired outcomes and motivate engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- A senior engineer who is excited to share what you know, architect great software and develop the technical skills of others.
- You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- Shows strong technical judgment on engineering architecture and product decisions.
- Always puts the user first when reasoning about trade-offs.
- Thrives in environments where you have to make decisions with incomplete information but can change course when presented with new data.
- Likes working at multiple levels of the technical stack.
- Ability to manage large projects spanning cross-functional teams outside of just engineering.
- Have established a technical strategy and roadmap previously, successfully setting key performance metrics in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers.
- Ability to gather product & business requirements, gut checks new ideas and proposals. Proven track record establishing and driving technical advances, reducing tech debt and making significant improvements in systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience.
- 8+ years experience developing and scaling web applications
- 3+ years leading an engineering team in a fast-growing company
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Intimate knowledge of the Linux command line including shell scripting
- Proficient in at least one scripting language, and ability to discuss trade-offs of a few programming languages.
- Fluency with any of Ruby, Elixir, Erlang.
- Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools.
- Strong database fundamentals and experience with MySql or Postgresql.
- Worked with search engines such as Algolia, ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr.
- Experience using async message queues such as Kafka.
- Mastery of git and Github workflows.
If the above seems like a fit, then apply!!
Also, if the title doesn't seem just right for you, talk to us and we will change it - if the job is for you, we will make it work.
CRB Workforce, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.