We are currently looking for an amazing Lead Software Engineer. We have one open position. Please apply and we can discuss!
This is a Full Time/Direct Hire role for one of our amazing clients. You will be working with some of the brightest minds in industry.
• Designs, develops and documents technical aspects of computer software systems and related hardware interface components, based on functional and system requirements, to produce accurate and timely results for Company products. Works independently with a minimum of assistance/guidance.
• Assists in analyzing system specifications and translating system requirements to task specifications for lower level Software Engineers
• Maintains current knowledge of new computer and software technology and advanced knowledge of electronic monitoring industry and user trends for Company products.
• Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports. Resolves issues or assigns to lower level Software Engineers for resolution. Provides status reports to management.
• Prepares and provides product training for Company technical support and systems administration staff as needed.
• Develops and documents functional specifications for Company designed products.
• Provides mentoring, technical leadership and guidance to lower level software engineers in best practices and appropriate use of design patterns. Mentors other department staff members as needed.
• Studies available software and makes recommendations concerning purchase of software packages from vendors or development of in-house programs.
• Participates in the project planning process and suggests methods and improvements to compete projects on time and within budget.
• Supports software development projects through the entire lifecycle, including design, development, test and production release.
• Researches and designs new object oriented techniques and frameworks and incorporates best solutions into the software infrastructure.
• Participates in scrum meetings to provide project status and identify project roadblocks, as necessary.
• Participates in Sprint Planning to plan the work and development tasks for the next software release.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. MS preferred
• At least 10+ years hands-on software development or relevant experience.
• In-depth software development experience and skills in the following areas:
• Database: Relational database experience, PostgreSQL preferred
• Thorough familiarity with the product development life cycle and extensive hands-on experience with multiple methodologies.
• In-depth knowledge of multi-user, multi-tasking software capabilities and constraints.
• In-depth understanding of iterative software development lifecycle methodology such as Agile.
• Working knowledge of Object Oriented / nTier design/architecture, SOA, XML.
• Proficiency in project management techniques and practices, including time/cost estimating and scheduling. Ability to build development work plans for self and team
• Solid understanding of relational databases.
• Outstanding technical and analytical skills.
• Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
• Ability to learn new technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with Company systems.
• Expert knowledge of standard development tools.
• Ability to provide technical mentoring to peers, evaluate technical alternatives and provide technical recommendations to management.
• Ability to design, analyze and develop system applications.
• Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
• Ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks.
• Ability to develop timely, creative, working software-oriented solutions to specific end-user problems while remaining within the context of overall product specification.
If the above seems like a fit, then apply!!
Also, if the title doesn't seem just right for you, talk to us and we will change it - if the job is for you, we will make it work.
CRB Workforce, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.